What A Long Strange Trip It's Been!

These are the random thoughts, questions, and ideas that plague me in life. These are the people, places, and things that I care about.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

POISON

Last Friday I had the distinct "pleasure" of going to see Poison in concert. I will admit that 80's rock is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. I did not know what to expect from them in concert, but I was actually very surprised at the quality of the show. It was very well done and sounded really good and clear. The sound was probably better than any outdoor show I have been to. While the show was pleasantly not what I expected, the crowd was exactly what I expected. I am glad I had my camera more so for documenting the people than the show itself. I have included pics of both the people and the show.





This is probably the most telling photo that I captured. These fine gentlemen were drunk before the show and were still drinking in the parking lot when I left. The worst part was the drunken girating to "Unskinny Bop" I witnessed later.



These three made a lovely group. What you're not aware of is: The one in the torn jeans and grey and black shirt and knee high hiking boots is a man.


It was kind of cool to see a great 80's rock show with lasers and fire. It was done well and did not bother me the way I thought it would.


The band sounded really good and crisp. They hit their notes and remembered the words. Hardly the drunken, slurring 40 year olds I expected. Also while not pictured they had a rising drum set that was so quintesentially 80's it was good.


Very few words needed for this pic."Every Rose Has It's Thorn"


For as long as I can remember I have wanted a neon green guitar. not really but it fit with the style of Poison.



1 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this effing rox! I want to slap my bracelet on, throw on my penguin polo, hop in my dukes of hazzard pedal car and rock into the niiiiiiiggggghhtt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home